CABO has provided funds to the ABOA to award to our members as a scholarship based upon criteria as determined by the ABOA. Therefore we have agreed to offer the following scholarships to ABOA members, two - $250 scholarships:
One - $250 scholarship available to members of the 4 major boards (EBOA, CBOA, SABOA and CABOA); and One - $250 scholarship available to members of the remaining boards.
The scholarships are available to members to help them offset the costs of attending a camp in the summer of the current season. In order to qualify for the scholarship, the official must have paid ABOA dues in the current year and have attended a camp during the summer of the current year.
To apply for the scholarship, the official must send an email to Bill Carr prior to August 15 of the current year. In this email, the applicant is expected to outline the following:
1. Camps attended in the past;
2. Levels currently worked;
3. Officiating goals / aspirations; and
4. Financial need.
All applications are to be received by August 15 of the current year. You must also include proof that you attended a camp in the past summer. Please feel free to contact Bill directly at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about this information.
Six $500.00 scholarships are awarded annually to student officials in an open cross-Canada competition. The scholarships were created to honour Bill Ritchie of New Brunswick and Bryan Nicurity of Saskatchewan, both of whom are past Presidents of CABO and both Ted Earley Award recipients. Both Bryan and Bill are honoured members of the Canadian Basketball Hall of Fame.
Click for an Application Form
Criteria for applications:
· Applicant must be a registered member in good standing of a Provincial Association and of CABO.
· Scholarships are available to both male and female applicants.
· Financial need is not a factor.
· Produce a letter signed by a Provincial Executive member to certify the applicant is a member in good standing.
· Produce a student ID certifying the applicant is a full time student at a University, College or Cegep.
· Students entered in trade apprenticeship or upgrading programs are eligible but must verify full-time status.
· Applicants can hold other scholarships or bursaries in conjunction with the CABO scholarship.
· Applications must be received by the CABO judging committee by August 31st of given year.
· Student officials wishing to apply for a scholarship should request an application form from their Provincial Association who in turn will verify the application and forward it to the CABO judging committee.